Posted on: January 23, 2023
Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore,
California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group
designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products
and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture,
civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and
mobile control markets.
To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to
- Lead documentation projects as assigned by manager.
- Create documentation plans and schedules for documents and
- Create drawings and illustrations as needed for documents and
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and Professional
Services and other key stakeholders to gather data for creation or
revision of documentation.
- Research and assimilate technical concepts of technologies,
equipment and products into manuals, install guides, and other
technical documentation ensuring usability and concise
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple
- Research, formalize, adhere to, and coach others on industry
standard writing styles and formatting protocols.
- Develop and maintain documentation hierarchy, content
standards, formatting standards, and templates.
- Improve document usability through content structure,
formatting and proofreading.
- Complete document creation or revision in a timely manner based
on assigned prioritization and deliver commitments.
- Ensure document control integrity with document revision
history content and proper approval workflow routing.
- Ensure documented processes and methodologies meet ISO 9001
- Adhere to compliance standards, confidentiality, and
information dissemination rules.
- B.A./B.S. in a Technical Discipline and English or Technical
Communications OR combination of technical certification (A.S) and
equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience architecting complex documents and
documentation sets, information design and structured
- Technical writing experience in civil engineering OR automation
for earthmoving equipment OR survey instruments (GPS receivers,
etc.) HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Proficient in unstructured FrameMaker content
- Must be proficient with FrameMaker.
- Membership and/or certification from the STC (Society of
Technical Communications) a plus
- Experience implementing and/or managing a Content Management
System (CMS) is a plus.
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them with
clarity and technical accuracy.
- Ability to establish rapport and working relationships with a
variety of personalities.
- Sound knowledge of technical writing fundamentals, industry
standard writing styles and content organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition, and grammar.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud (e.g.
FrameMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- Work with translation vendors in managing translation
development & procurement process.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management, Document Control
and/or Business Process Management methodologies and
- Knowledge of technical terms related to GPS, GNSS, Machine
Control, Auto Guidance and Precision Agriculture industries
Keywords: Topcon, Livermore , Technical Writer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!