Product Validation Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
GILLIG LLC is the largest and most dependable manufacturer of
Heavy Duty Transit Buses in North America. Our customers are in all
50 states, and include cities, counties, transit districts,
universities and major private fleet operators. We are
headquartered in Livermore, CA.
The Product Validation Engineer's role is dynamic and vital to
GILLIG's growth and future product development. This individual
will be guided by technical requirements to conduct system and
vehicle level design verification (DV) and production validation
(PV) tests to confirm achievement of these requirements within
established program timeline.
THE DAY TO DAY
- Support program validation activities surrounding the planning
and execution of DV/PV testing for New Vehicle programs and Vehicle
- Support activities within the work group to create and manage
physical and virtual test procedures which will be required to
confirm compliance with vehicle and system level requirements to
confirm complete traceability between requirements, test results
and test reports.
- Utilize program targets, system requirements and various
control documents to develop comprehensive component DV/PV test
- Lead for validation efforts with suppliers ensuring required
testing of components has completed on time and meets requirements.
Provide recommendations for component design with Engineering and
Suppliers for components scheduled for Development and Validation
- Report test results and collaborate with related Design
Engineering COE's. Document Testing issues as TIR's and work
collaboratively to find root causes.
- Design and configure test methods and/or simulations to develop
and validate system capabilities prior to vehicle integration
- Work closely with the Engineering teams to understand
instrumentation requirements. Develop and deploy instrumentation
and data acquisition strategies, data analysis methodologies and
best practices for planning and conducting effective and timely
testing activities that fulfill project requirements
- Coordinate and document requirements, design verification and
validation work with component/subsystem/system suppliers or
external testing resources/facilities to support overall program
- Support the maintenance and calibration of test equipment and
- Support as a technical resource at external facilities
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to
work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work
visas now or in the future
- Bachelor Science, Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or Bachelor
Science, Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- 4+ years of progressive product engineering experience
- Demonstrated technical responsibility in automotive, on/off
highway or transportation equipment in a program or project support
- Demonstrated experience with ICE, electrified powertrains,
collision avoidance and autonomous vehicle technology, root cause
analysis, chassis/body structures, steering/suspension systems, air
brake systems, vehicle dynamics, testing, validation
- Demonstrated knowledge of FMVSS, ADA, APTA Bus Procurement
Guidelines, SAE HD vehicle standards, NFPA
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking, collects
and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement
data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis,
wisdom, experience and judgment
- Experience in developing systems requirements, validation and
verification strategies, and verification planning as well as
facilitating the successful completion of verification compliance
- Experience with defining and managing interfaces, interface
requirements and interface verification
- Affinity for detail and thoroughness of technical
- Solid foundation in systems design and management, product
design and development, engineering systems analysis for design and
- Solid analytical skills developing systems performance
- Detail oriented, highly organized documentation practices
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant experience in HD vehicle systems engineering and
integration is a plus
About The Environment
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand and walk and occasionally
kneel or squat
- Some travel may be required
- Start time 6:00 AM
After 130 years, GILLIG holds strong to its family values and focus
on its employees and customers. Our motivated and dedicated
employees have a passion for quality and customer satisfaction.
We are committed to building buses that connect communities,
eliminate congestion, and contribute to a greener environment.
Our Company pride is exemplified by the thoughtful design and
quality craftsmanship present in every GILLIG bus. GILLIG's
steadfast focus on quality and unwavering commitment to exceptional
customer service sets us apart from our competition.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, GILLIG has
a longstanding commitment to provide a safe, quality-oriented and
productive work environment consistent with the standards in which
the company operates. Drug abuse poses a threat to the health and
safety of GILLIG employees and to the security of the company's
equipment and facilities.
For these reasons, GILLIG is committed to the elimination of drug
and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace. All applicants must
pass a drug test before beginning work.
GILLIG offers an excellent compensation and benefits package
including 100% company-paid premiums for medical, dental and vision
for employees and their families. Other benefits include a unique
401k profit-sharing plan.
GILLIG is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action
Keywords: GILLIG, Livermore , Product Validation Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!