Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process Engineer
Company: FormFactor Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process EngineerLivermore,
CAFormFactor, Inc. We live in a mobile driven world where
technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers
need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced
integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world's
leading supplier of semiconductor test and measurement products
used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and
tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in
computing, consumer, automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and
other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel.
Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with
cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation
products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and
development of the semiconductor industry. We are a fast-paced,
agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and
constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We
are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive
in a changing and challenging environment. PURPOSE:The
Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process Engineer performs functions
associated with leading edge probe card manufacturing assembly
operations. We are seeking a tech-savvy, hands-on individual to
apply their education and past experience to solve new problems.
The successful candidate will want to gain an understanding of, and
eventually drive innovation for, the process of assembling wafer
test probes into a complex substrate. This niche technology
leverages a mix of custom in-house equipment, standard
manufacturing strategies and various types of metrology. As the
semiconductor world continues to evolve, our products also change-
the position may start out by learning the standard processes but
will grow into a role where you could own introduction of new
technologies, assembly and inspection methods and eventually play a
key role in the FormFactor manufacturing organization. From a
semiconductor perspective this would be considered the back end as
we use internally manufactured MEMS components, machine shop
fabricated parts and various other off the shelf components in the
assembly processes. Experience from all industries and educational
backgrounds welcome as it brings a fresh perspective and innovation
to existing processes. Exceptional candidates will be considered if
they possess some of the skills listed below; over time you will
have the opportunity to grow to be an expert with all of the skills
listed below. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking
to grow their career in the semiconductor manufacturing field! This
position is Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (on-site) and will report
directly to the Director of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Sustaining existing processes
- Performs functions associated with all probe card manufacturing
engineering & operations, including direct material part flows,
build, QA, part disposition & inspection.
- Support to the Manufacturing Engineering activity by
recognizing, prioritizing & acting on improvement opportunities,
pioneering new ideas and finding innovative methods to accomplish
- Creating or maintaining SPC for critical process & equipment
- Create or update operator work instructions for various
processes and process improvements.
- Performs operator training and certification across CWW shifts
- Implement & log "One Point Lessons" for immediate issue
containment, timely follow-up to integrate into WI's.
- Modify automated assembly systems process / machine parameters
and create/modify recipes.
- Coaches or trains technicians, to develop teamwork, leadership,
and technical skills.
- Innovation / New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Conducting tests and experiments to improve production
processes or develop new products and processes.
- Build first article probe cards including mechanical substrate
alignment & sub-assembly, initial recipe set-up and verification,
various metrology steps & rework if necessary.
- Create or update Visual Defect Criteria with Revision control
that is used to enable operators to disposition
- Own HVM readiness: Finalize design improvements, Customer Pilot
Validation + CIP, Process flow documentation updated, KPI's
- Submit IT tasks and partner with web app developers to update &
modify factory MES system routings & data collection.
- Capacity ramps
- Drive Ramp Phase: Process flow documentation released, KPI's
released and IT supported, Transfer to Operations plan
- Project manage & participate in probe handling equipment HW &
SW upgrades based on Process quality & throughput
objectives.EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- BS + 4-6 years or experience equivalent
- Have solid computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point;
Excel Macros, JMP & MySQL are a Plus).
- Working knowledge of addition, multiplication, algebra, and
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as related to
- Familiarity with mechanical machined parts, CAD component &
- Able to use hierarchy BOM structure to determine parts required
- Able to work with limited supervision, is self-directed, and
has a methodical approach to solving technical problems.
- Able to work with high power microscopes and automated
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Familiarity with clean room procedures.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting, standing and working in a clean room environment for
prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends when the job
demands it - based on commitment to objectives
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Moderate to loud noise levelFormFactor is committed to
providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity
and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local
laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age,
race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions),
gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national
origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status,
medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic
characteristics or information, or any other legally protected
characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and
management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary
actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of
Keywords: FormFactor Inc., Livermore , Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!