Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process Engineer
Company: FormFactor Inc.
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process EngineerLivermore,
CAFormFactor, Inc.We live in a mobile driven world where technology
is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner
as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits
(ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world's leading supplier of
semiconductor test and measurement products used to test the ICs
that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet,
as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer,
automotive, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and other applications. We
are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor
gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology,
have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the
market and drive the overall growth and development of the
semiconductor industry. We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company
that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more
diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic,
talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging
environment. PURPOSE:The Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process
Engineer performs functions associated with leading edge probe card
manufacturing assembly operations. We are seeking a tech-savvy,
hands-on individual to apply their education and past experience to
solve new problems. The successful candidate will want to gain an
understanding of, and eventually drive innovation for, the process
of assembling wafer test probes into a complex substrate. This
niche technology leverages a mix of custom in-house equipment,
standard manufacturing strategies and various types of metrology.
As the semiconductor world continues to evolve, our products also
change- the position may start out by learning the standard
processes but will grow into a role where you could own
introduction of new technologies, assembly and inspection methods
and eventually play a key role in the FormFactor manufacturing
organization. From a semiconductor perspective this would be
considered the back end as we use internally manufactured MEMS
components, machine shop fabricated parts and various other off the
shelf components in the assembly processes. Experience from all
industries and educational backgrounds welcome as it brings a fresh
perspective and innovation to existing processes. Exceptional
candidates will be considered if they possess some of the skills
listed below; over time you will have the opportunity to grow to be
an expert with all of the skills listed below. This is a fantastic
opportunity for someone looking to grow their career in the
semiconductor manufacturing field!This position is Monday-Friday
8am-5pm (on-site) and will report directly to the Director of
- Sustaining existing processes
- Performs functions associated with all probe card manufacturing
engineering & operations, including direct material part flows,
build, QA, part disposition & inspection.
- Support to the Manufacturing Engineering activity by
recognizing, prioritizing & acting on improvement opportunities,
pioneering new ideas and finding innovative methods to accomplish
- Creating or maintaining SPC for critical process & equipment
- Create or update operator work instructions for various
processes and process improvements.
- Performs operator training and certification across CWW shifts
- Implement & log "One Point Lessons" for immediate issue
containment, timely follow-up to integrate into WI's.
- Modify automated assembly systems process / machine parameters
and create/modify recipes.
- Coaches or trains technicians, to develop teamwork, leadership,
and technical skills.
- Innovation / New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Conducting tests and experiments to improve production
processes or develop new products and processes.
- Build first article probe cards including mechanical substrate
alignment & sub-assembly, initial recipe set-up and verification,
various metrology steps & rework if necessary.
- Create or update Visual Defect Criteria with Revision control
that is used to enable operators to disposition
- Own HVM readiness: Finalize design improvements, Customer Pilot
Validation + CIP, Process flow documentation updated, KPI's
- Submit IT tasks and partner with web app developers to update &
modify factory MES system routings & data collection.
- Capacity ramps
- Drive Ramp Phase: Process flow documentation released, KPI's
released and IT supported, Transfer to Operations plan
- Project manage & participate in probe handling equipment HW &
SW upgrades based on Process quality & throughput
objectives.EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
- BS + 4-6 years or experience equivalent
- Have solid computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point;
Excel Macros, JMP & MySQL are a Plus).
- Working knowledge of addition, multiplication, algebra, and
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as related to
- Familiarity with mechanical machined parts, CAD component &
- Able to use hierarchy BOM structure to determine parts required
- Able to work with limited supervision, is self-directed, and
has a methodical approach to solving technical problems.
- Able to work with high power microscopes and automated
- Have excellent manual dexterity.
- Familiarity with clean room procedures.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Sitting, standing and working in a clean room environment for
prolonged periods of time - up to 8 hours or more per day.
- Must be available to work overtime and weekends when the job
demands it - based on commitment to objectives
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor
- Work area has fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Moderate to loud noise levelFormFactor is committed to
providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity
and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer
and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local
laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age,
race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions),
gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national
origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status,
medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic
characteristics or information, or any other legally protected
characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and
management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary
actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of
Keywords: FormFactor Inc., Livermore , Semiconductor Backend Assembly Process Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!