Senior Engineer - Process
Posted on: January 8, 2022
Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Description Haskell is looking to add a Senior Engineer - Process
to join our team in Livermore, CA! The Senior Engineer - Process
will be responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate,
cost-effective designs, drawings, and specifications for process
projects in the manufacturing sector, with an emphasis on the food
and beverage industry. The individual will participate as a Haskell
team member to deliver integrated process/systems as specified and
contracted. This individual must have strong knowledge -in food
and/or beverage processing equipment/systems, specifically wine
processing, with a working knowledge of controls and instruments
commonly used. Job Responsibilities:
- Application of Knowledge of Process Systems:
- Ensures execution of the process scope of services that meets
customer's project requirements and complies with all applicable
codes, ordinances, standards, and regulations.
- Develops all engineering calculations for process throughput,
mass/energy balance, equipment sizing, relief devices, heat
transfer, and fluid transfer.
- Selects proper equipment for the unit operations that define
- Participates in project strategy meetings, develops design
concepts, and recommends system solutions.
- Responsible for the development of Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs),
Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
(P&IDs) for all assigned projects.
- Develops or verifies utility matrixes, equipment lists,
equipment specifications, and controls as well as instrumentation
requirements for each assigned process project.
- Works closely with designers for proper arrangement of
equipment and piping to support the process and incorporate sound
- Responsible to produce well-organized, finished construction
drawings of good appearance, accuracy, and clarity, in accordance
with company or client CAD standards.
- Responsible for producing discipline construction material
specifications and scope of work documents for assigned
- Construction Support:
- Participates as requested in construction inspection to monitor
compliance with design intent, construction drawings, and
specifications. Inspections may occur at the client's site or at a
vendor for specialty equipment. Prepares inspection reports.
- Performs equipment submittal reviews and responds to the
contractor and/or vendor Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Perform bid analysis for vendor services or equipment
- Provides timely solutions to field problems and prepares field
orders, addenda, and record drawings.
- Effectively manages project startup, commissioning,
verification, and closeout tasks.
- Project Management:
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs
interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies,
errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Assists the project team with the identification of process
partners (equipment & automation) and pre-qualifies them for
- Monitors client requests against the proposal and known scope
of work. Develops engineering change notices under the direction of
the Project Manager.
- Assigns and monitors the tasks of junior engineers and
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability:
- Creates a discipline work plan for assigned projects. Monitors
workload status, advising supervisor of difficulties in
- Plans production and prepares man-hour estimates for project
effort for all work in process discipline. Develops process-related
budgets under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Produces pricing and proposal presentation documents and
- Assists in coordinating information with and monitoring
efforts/costs of discipline-related outside consultants.
- Assists the project team in RFP responses, developing proposals
including the preparation of conceptual estimates, schedules, and
other proposal documents. May participate in client
- Professional Development:
- Participates in the professional community organizations and
trade organizations within the discipline.
- Prepares and presents technical subjects through Lunch & Learns
to enhance Process team knowledge and understanding.
- Adheres to established company standards and policies.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline subordinates assigned
to the project.
- Mentors junior engineers and designers in process design and
project execution. Education/Experience:
- Typical minimum of 4- year engineering degree
- Minimum of 8 years of process design and application
engineering experience Specific Knowledge, Skills, License,
- Ability to understand and execute the company vision and values
of Team, Excellence, Service and Trust
- Strong knowledge in food and/or beverage processing
equipment/systems, specifically wine processing, with a working
knowledge of controls and instruments commonly used.
- Practical experience in some of the following: baking, thermal
processing, commercial heat exchangers, fluid transfer (fittings,
valves, pumps), evaporation, sterilization, CIP, SIP and systems
automation/integration in both consumer and bulk food
- Knowledge of vendor qualification, procurement and
- General knowledge of AE&C practices, coordination and
- Negotiation and relationship development skills with
- Working knowledge of related regulatory, oversight and advisory
agencies: AIB, FDA, USDA, EPA, PMO, 3A, GMP's, SPS, SSOP and
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Haskell is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who
receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to
pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Haskell, Livermore , Senior Engineer - Process, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!