Project Engineer - Process
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Haskell is looking to add a Project Engineer - Process to join
our team in Livermore, CA!-- The Project Engineer - Process will be
responsible for the production of innovative, appropriate,
cost-effective, designs, drawings, and specifications for assigned
process projects. This individual will participate as a Haskell
team member to deliver integrated process/systems as specified and
contracted as well as working independently on all aspects of the
responsibilities as assigned. The Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
Group at Haskell supports core markets throughout the U.S., as well
as Mexico and the Asia Pacific Region. Providing architecture,
engineering and construction for over 55 years in the food and
beverage, consumer products, and beer, wine and spirits markets, we
work closely with many Fortune 500 companies providing our industry
knowledge and expertise. Our CPG team is a melting pot of
industry-leading experts and diverse, knowledgeable and experienced
team members who work together to provide the best solutions to our
clients. By joining the CPG team, you will become a part of a
close-knit family ready to support each other and our clients. We
offer a unique opportunity to build your skills, provide knowledge
and create things that matter. Job Responsibilities:
- Application of Knowledge of Process Systems:
- Researches, documents and is responsible for discipline design
compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances, standards, and
- Responsible for the placement of safety symbols on construction
documents as necessary for discipline.
- Applies discipline design methods and detailing fundamentals in
developing designs and specifications.
- Performs analysis or calculations as assigned for process
throughput and mass balance and selects proper equipment for the
- Ensures well-organized, finished design documents of good
appearance, accuracy, clarity, and correctness from layouts,
sketches, or written instructions.--
- Actively participates in project strategy meetings, develops
design concepts, and recommends equipment and systems within the
- Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance
with proposal/client criteria.
- Assures adherence to drawing production strategy. Writes
discipline specifications for assigned projects.
- Responsible for the development of PFDs (process flow diagrams)
and P&IDs for all assigned projects, making recommendations,
and coordinating changes/updates as necessary.
- Develops and verifies equipment lists, equipment
specifications, and controls, as well as instrumentation
requirements for each assigned process project.
- Construction Support:
- Checks shop drawings and submittal data for conformance with
- Participates in plant surveys or field inspections, development
of solutions to field problems, preparation of field orders,
addenda, and record drawings.
- Advises and assists construction personnel in the
interpretation and clarification of construction documents.
- Performs, as requested, construction inspections, at the
client's site or at a vendor for specialty equipment, to monitor
compliance with design intent, construction drawings, and
specifications. Prepares inspection reports.
- Provides timely solutions to field problems and prepares field
orders, addenda, and record drawings.
- Supports and performs start-up activities.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and responds promptly when
dealing with field requests/issues.
- Project Management:
- Performs dimensional, interference, and basic design checks on
layouts and sketches and, as requested, on interdisciplinary
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs
interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies,
errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates the development of PFDs (process flow diagrams) and
P&IDs for all assigned projects.
- Monitor efforts/costs, manage and coordinate with outside
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability :
- Participates in assigned client meetings and prepares and
reviews presentation materials.
- Creates a work plan for assigned tasks.--
- Creates orderly work files and prepares clear, well-written
- Assists the project team with the identification of process
partners (equipment & automation) and pre-qualifies them for
- Produces pricing and proposal presentation documents and
- Monitors and projects personal workload status, advising
supervisor of difficulties in accomplishing schedules and
determines any schedule changes.
- Professional Development:
- Participates in professional community organizations and trade
organizations within the discipline.
- Adheres to established company standards and policies.
- Directs technical efforts of discipline subordinates assigned
to the project. Education/Experience:
- Typical minimum of a 4-year engineering degree in Chemical
- A minimum of 5 years of process design and application
engineering experience. Specific Knowledge, Skills, License,
- Strong knowledge of a variety of food processing
equipment/systems, sanitary design, and hygienic requirements
including mixing, baking, frying, and a working knowledge--of
controls and instruments commonly used.
- Expertise in the generation of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD),
P&ID's, and process system functional descriptions.
- Ability to generate detailed specifications for equipment and
- Experience with generating bid tab analysis.
- Practical experience in some of the following: baking, thermal
processing, commercial heat exchangers, fluid transfer (fittings,
valves, pumps), evaporation, sterilization, CIP, SIP, and systems
automation/integration in both consumer and bulk food
- Knowledge of vendor qualification, procurement, and
- General knowledge of AE&C practices, coordination, and
- Negotiation and relationship development skills with
- Working knowledge of related regulatory, oversight, and
advisory agencies: AIB, FDA, USDA, EPA, PMO, 3A, GMP's, SPS, SSOP,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Haskell is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage
or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who
receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to
pre-employment drug testing. Qualifications Education Preferred
Bachelors or better in Chemical Engineering. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Haskell, Livermore , Project Engineer - Process, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!