Signal and Image Processing Engineer
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
We have multiple openings for a Signal and Image Processing
Engineer. You will perform algorithm research, development, and
implementation in the signal and image sciences. You will be
responsible for the development and implementation of signal and
image processing algorithms in software and/or hardware in support
of Laboratory programs. Specific topics of interest include but are
not limited to: state estimation and multitarget tracking; embedded
systems for digital signal processing, image and video processing;
machine learning; pattern analysis; control system design and
analysis; communications and radar systems; nondestructive
evaluation techniques; remote sensing; radiation detection; and
similar topics associated with the signal and image sciences. These
positions are in the Computational Engineering Division (CED),
within the Engineering Directorate.
In this role you will
- Research, develop, and apply solutions to problems in the
signal and image science that are of programmatic interest.
- Implement algorithms in software and/or hardware as
- Maintain a close interface with programmatic and project
elements to ensure effective teamwork.
- Document efforts in technical reports, publish papers in
peer-reviewed journals, and present results at scientific meetings
- Participate in field deployments, exercises and sponsor
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The SES.3 Level
- Write and present papers, reports, proposals, and document
results and provide advice to management.
- Serve as primary technical contact on tasks and projects
applying advanced technical knowledge and methodologies to guide
successful completion of a project and meet organizational
- Mentor junior staff to develop their capabilities in the signal
and image sciences.
- Master's degree in electrical engineering, statistics,
mathematics or a related field, or the equivalent combination of
education and related experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in one or more topics
within the signal and image sciences.
- Experience coding algorithms in C, C++, Matlab, Python, or
similar language used in the signal and image sciences.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills enabling
effective technical presentations and lucid technical reports.
- Collaboration skills that promote effective teaming
- Ability to travel to customer locations and participate in
field deployments and exercises.
Additional Qualifications At The SES.3 Level
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience of one or more
specialization topics within the signal and image sciences.
- Experience effectively managing concurrent technical tasks with
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills necessary to
present and explain technical information to sponsors and provide
advice to management.
Qualifications We Desire
- PhD in electrical engineering, statistics, mathematics, or a
closely related field.
- Experience in leading teams in the research, development, and
implementation of signal and image processing algorithms.
- Experience in crafting successful research and development
proposals in the signal and image sciences.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Signal and Image Processing Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!