Engineering Electrical Design Associate
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
We have an opening for an Engineering Electrical Design Associate
to support the National Ignition Facility and Photon Science
(NIF&PS) Directorate. NIF is the home of the world's most
powerful and energetic laser. The successful candidate will
establish scope of work, provide advanced technical support in the
areas of electro-mechanical design, documentation, and
manufacturing. This will include solving a diversity of simple to
highly complex technical problems, regularly collaborating with
scientists, engineers, and high-level technical personnel, both
internal and external to NIF. This position is in Laser Systems
Engineering and Operations (LSEO) within the Engineering
In this role you will
- Apply innovative technical expertise to develop, interpret and
translate complex concepts into design solutions that address
requirements and constraints.
- Translate solutions to generate detailed interconnection,
wiring diagrams, cable assemblies, panel layouts, silkscreens,
parametric assembly drawings (cable harnesses, electronic chassis,
electronics racks, and sub-assemblies) and associated mechanical
detail drawings utilizing GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Develop and provide supporting documentation for design
solutions that may include calculations, analysis, schedules,
costing and procedures.
- Capture design solutions using Creo Parametric 3.0, Creo
Schematics 4.0, AutoCAD 2017 and GerbTool 16 design tools.
- Maintain documentation in PTC Windchill PLM CM (configuration
- Provide regular progress reporting to supervisor reflecting
effort and resource needs, schedule, job scope and work
- Collaborate with scientists, engineers, and high- level
technical personnel to independently formulate and develop advanced
technical solutions to problems and participate in or lead design
- Provide technical lead responsibilities and direction to others
in reviewing and checking the accuracy of the work of others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security
clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent
combination of education and previous relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge and significant experience with Creo
Parametric, Creo Schematics and AutoCAD.
- Experience working in PTC Windchill PLM CM (configuration
- Experience generating complex interconnection, wiring diagrams,
cable assemblies, panel layouts, silkscreens, parametric assembly
drawings (cable harnesses, electronic chassis, electronics racks,
and sub-assemblies) and associated mechanical detail drawings while
utilizing GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex design requirements
and to exercise creativity and judgment in solving design
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills necessary to
interact with multi-disciplinary teams in various roles as
assignee, presenter, and mentor to others.
- Ability to multitask, with both individual effort and directing
of others, with minimal supervision, and maintain a high level of
- Ability to take independent action when warranted and act as a
member of a multi-disciplinary team.
Qualifications We Desire
- Working experience with Mentor Graphics.
- Working experience with LabVIEW.
- Working experience with MathCAD.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Engineering Electrical Design Associate, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!