National Security Engineering Division Undergraduate Student Intern
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 16, 2021
The National Security Engineering Division (NSED) within the
Engineering Directorate has multiple openings for a continuing
undergraduate in the engineering, physics, and computer science
fields. Successful candidates will gain practical research
experience to further educational goals, while providing technical
and/or research support to projects in the areas of electrical
engineering, mechanical engineering, computational engineering,
nuclear and chemical engineering, or other related fields. NSED
provides engineering solutions to the challenges facing our nation
in national defense, homeland security, energy and environment, and
In this role you will
- Work directly with engineers, scientists and technical mentors
to perform technical and/or research assignments in the areas of
electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computational
engineering, nuclear and chemical engineering, or other related
- Under close supervision, will participate in research in
- Gather and analyze data or information in support of scientific
- Utilize standard software packages common in your discipline to
complete common tasks.
- Attend relevant seminars and facility tours.
- Perform other duties as assigned..
- Must be a college or university student in good academic
standing enrolled in an accredited institution pursuing an
associates or bachelor's degree in engineering, physics, computer
science or a related field.
- A sustained record of outstanding academic performance.
- Ability to work full time for ten to twelve weeks during the
- Ability to apply basic engineering or scientific principles to
solve technical problems.Communication skills necessary to
communicate research project(s), document work and give a technical
- Ability to present and communicate concepts and ideas.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a
- Experience working with personal computers and familiarity with
Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Qualifications We Desire
- GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Familiarity with tools associated to your field of study.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , National Security Engineering Division Undergraduate Student Intern, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!