Senior Cybersecurity Reverse Engineer
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 15, 2021
We have multiple openings for Senior Cybersecurity Reverse Engineer
to participate in new and ongoing projects. We provide nuclear
weapon engineering design expertise; systems engineering;
experimental device design; fabrication and assembly; surveillance
of nuclear stockpile components; engineering analysis and
computational simulation; and engineering testing for evaluation
and maintenance of the enduring and future nuclear weapon
stockpile. Our engineers interface with colleagues at other
National Laboratories and Production Agencies, National Nuclear
Security Administration (NNSA), and Department of Defense (DoD) and
their contractors. These positions are in the Defense Technologies
Engineering Division (DTED), within the Engineering Directorate.
DTED provides support to Weapons and Complex Integration (WCI)
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge
and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional
job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at
the higher level.
In this role you will
- Provide technical expertise in mechanical and electromechanical
- Conduct research in structural, thermal, hydraulic, or dynamics
modeling of mechanical systems.
- Produce advanced conceptual and detail designs in support of
- Prepare supporting health and safety documentation that is
aligned with the Integrated Safety Management (ISM) requirement and
participate in design and Management Prestart Reviews.
- Coordinate project interfaces and deployment interfacing with
other organizations internal and external to the Laboratory.
- Lead and/or provide guidance and technical direction to
multidisciplinary project teams in a growing, dynamic
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The SES.4 Level
- Set broad project vision and strategy and influence technical
direction for self and others.
- Provide expert capability in highly complex mechanical design
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field,
or the equivalent combination of education and related
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical design.
- Significant experience in prototype development and testing, as
well as hardware design and analysis.
- Ability to devise solutions for unique and complex
- Ability and flexibility to reprioritize and change programmatic
direction depending on emergent requests.
- Significant experience in managing, overseeing, and delivering
multiple projects on budget and schedule.
- Ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members.
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to present
concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner, both verbal and
written for presentation and interaction with other technical staff
Additional Qualifications At The SES.4 Level
- Expertise in highly complex mechanical design and analysis and
significant experience in project planning and highly complex
- Significant experience developing and implementing creative
solutions to a diverse range of highly complex problems and leading
corrective actions where necessary.
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills
necessary to present, explain, and advise senior management and/or
external sponsors and proven record of team building and conflict
Qualifications We Desire
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles and
practices and their application.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Senior Cybersecurity Reverse Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!