Product Realization Engineer
Company: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Posted on: February 14, 2021
We have multiple openings for Product Realization Engineers. Along
with the Product Realization Team (PRT) technical lead, PRT
coordinators, and other engineers, you will be responsible for the
programmatic deliverables of multiple PRTs in support of the Life
Extension Programs (LEPs) or enduring systems. PRT responsibilities
may include design and production of qualified hardware in support
of these programs, or development and qualification of related
equipment and/or processes (e.g. surveillance). These positions are
in the Defense Technologies Engineering Division (DTED), within the
These positions will be filled at either level based on knowledge
and related experience as assessed by the hiring team. Additional
job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if hired at
the higher level.
In this role you will
- Manage, update, and release PRT documentation including Project
Plans, Qualification Plans, Compatibility Definitions, and
Interface Definitions for multiple PRTs.
- Contribute to the effort of developing evidence packages for
technical design and programmatic phase gate reviews with NNSA and
the Production Agencies (PAs).
- Execute, maintain, and track PRT schedules, milestones, and
action items. Regularly communicate project progress and status to
management. Support realization of PRT processes at PAs as rquired:
requirements, capability development, engineering evaluation, and
- Prepare Statements of Work (SOW) and coordinate purchase orders
with PAs and work with PAs to ensure work is executed.
- Review drawings for technical content and design intent and
prepare and release engineering specifications and drawings.
- Conduct engineering testing and data analysis and ensure that
data is appropriately documented and archived.
- Participate in formal and informal design reviews.
- Support multi-site PRT meetings and approval of PRT meeting
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Responsibilities, At The TSS.2 Level
- Collaborate with PRT leads and technical team in support of
monthly earned value reporting requirements and prepare detailed
planning for each fiscal year.
- Develop surveillance plans for components in development and
work with PA to standup required capabilities.
- Manage and coordinate execution of engineering testing and data
analysis and prepare technical reports, documentation, and
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field, or the
equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with requirements development and
engineering drawings including geometric dimensioning and
- Knowledge of engineering testing process and ability to conduct
- Ability to take initiative to develop innovative solutions for
successful project execution.
- Sufficient verbal and written communication skills necessary to
effectively interact and collaborate with the LLNL weapons program,
nuclear security enterprise sites, and federal management
- Ability to travel.
Additional Qualifications At The TSS.2 Level
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware design, fabrication,
installation, and commission.
- Experience with managing projects and ability to organize and
conduct design and project reviews.
- Experience managing (organize, direct, and monitor schedule and
budgets) multiple projects concurrently and to reprioritize and
change programmatic direction depending on emergent requests.
Qualifications We Desire
- Experience working in the nuclear weapons program and with
LLNL's operations and business processes.
- Knowledge of NNSA's Technical Business Practice and
- Experience with Engineering Authorization systems for official
release of PRT documentation.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2020 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and
security clearances by visiting our Career site.
LLNL is a Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security
Administration (NNSA) Laboratory. Most positions will require a DOE
L or Q clearance (please reference Security Clearance requirement).
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background
investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for
access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q
cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. An L or Q
clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple
citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to
renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance
will be processed/granted. For additional information please see
DOE Order 472.2.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer that
values and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable laws.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the
application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via
our online form.
California Privacy Notice
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to
all California residents. The law also entitles job applicants,
employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal
information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee
Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the
world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence
Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply
their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our
world a better place.
We are looking for individuals that demonstrate an understanding of
working in partnership with team peers, who engage, advocate, and
contribute to building an inclusive culture, and provide expertise
to solve challenging problems.
Keywords: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore , Product Realization Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!