Sr. Principal Test Engineer (Product Characterization)
Company: FormFactor, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
SR. PRINCIPAL TEST ENGINEER (PRODUCT CHARACTERIZATION)
As the Sr. Principal Test Engineer (Product Characterization), you
will be the subject matter expert on probe card performance and use
conditions. You will be the go-to point of contact in the Livermore
factory to address difficult product application and performance
issues and you will be on the leading edge of new product
development and introduction. You will work hand in hand with the
product development teams to ensure that new products meet the
performance needs of end customers and will provide expert on-site
support when new products are ramped at customer sites.
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly
improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they
pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever
made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of probe cards
used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and
tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in
computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a
big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you
the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct
influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive
the overall growth and development of the semiconductor
* Develop and execute product performance tests to qualify new
probe types and probe card architectures.
* Typical product test suites will include contact resistance,
thermal response, cleaning recipe optimization, and product
* Perform statistical based analysis of test results and provide
performance feedback to the product design teams.
* Recommend design changes to enhance product performance.
* Provide on-site expert support when new technologies are
introduced to customers and when difficult product applications
* Subject matter expert in contact resistance testing and probe
* Subject matter expert in probe card setup in customer test cell
* Create and execute specialized probe card performance tests to
address special customer concerns and requirements.
* Present test and analysis results to development teams, upper
level management and customers.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Materials, Electrical Engineering
or equivalent required
* Masters Degree Mechanical, Materials, or Electrical Engineering
* Minimum of 7 years of work experience
* Hands-on experience with new product development and
* Working knowledge of Mechanical Engineering (understanding of
thermal mechanical considerations and mechanical design)
* Strong background in Statistical Analysis, Failure Analysis and
Process Engineering (DOE, 8D, FMEA, SPC, document control,
* Strong Project Management, Communication, and Problem Solving
* Available to travel up to 25% of the time for field commissioning
and/or troubleshooting work (Domestic and International)
* Proven ability to work in a Class 1000 clean room environment
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee
contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork.
We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can
thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where
everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to
compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit
employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex
(including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including
gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry,
sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical
condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or
information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These
protections extend to all employment and management decisions
including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training,
promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and
terminations, and all other terms and conditions of
Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: FormFactor, Inc., Livermore , Sr. Principal Test Engineer (Product Characterization), Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!