Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: FormFactor, Inc.
Posted on: March 21, 2020
PRINCIPAL MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly
manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most
advanced integrated circuits (ICs)
ever made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of probe
cards used to test the ICs that
power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as
well as electronic systems used in
computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a
big company with a small time
feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with
cutting edge technology, have a
direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and
drive the overall growth and
development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee
contributes to our culture of integrity,
innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented
individuals who can thrive in a
changing and challenging environment.
The PRINCIPAL MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER is responsible to
support and streamline the precision component assembly production
process in manufacturing. A successful candidate is expected to
troubleshoot and resolve production process and tool related issues
in a timely manner, interact and collaborate with other internal
teams/external vendors to perform root cause analysis and drive new
process implementation. This position will also lead the efforts to
continuously improve and develop the process for better/new process
capabilities, cost/cycle time reduction and quality
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide on-time production support for any process and tool
* Troubleshoot any production issue, perform failure analysis,
propose and implement resolutions.
* Provide the manufacturing files and instructions for the new
designs to ensure manufacturing readiness.
* Coordinate with equipment and automation team for tool-related
maintenance, improvement, upgrade and qualification.
* Collaborate with upper and down stream process owners and other
internal teams to perform any root cause analysis, process
improvement and technical development.
* Review the feasibility analysis of new designs with world-wide
design team and provide feedback according to process capability
and company business needs.
* Initiate and drive the continuous improvement projects to improve
process capability and First Pass Yield (FPY).
* Develop and implement process procedures and protocols, and train
production operations on new procedures.
* Monitor process and tool health with SPC and other process
* Execute statistical and analytical analysis to understand the
process/issue in depth.
* Occasional on/off site production support during nights or
weekends is required.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
* BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or other relevant
technical discipline. Master s Degree
* Minimum of 4 years experience in a semiconductor manufacturing
* Hands-on experience in semiconductor manufacturing process and
electro-mechanical system required for precision assembly and
* Proven track record of sustaining and supporting precision
assembly process and equipment for high-volume manufacturing.
* Demonstrated capability to develop and deploy creative and
practical process solutions across the production line.
* Experience to work with cross-functional teams to effectively
accomplish task in a timely manner.
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
* Willingness to take responsibility and ownership.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Capability to adapt to the company s changing needs and
priorities and be a self-motivated team player.
* Programming skills a plus, Matlab, VBA and similar language
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where
everyone is treated with dignity and respect.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are
committed to compliance with all Federal,
State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on
the basis of age, race, color, sex (including
breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender
identity and gender expression), national origin,
ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental
disability, marital status, registered domestic partner
status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic
characteristics or information, or any other legally
protected characteristic. These protections extend to all
employment and management decisions including, but
not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay
practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and
terminations, and all other terms and conditions of
Cascade Microtech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: FormFactor, Inc., Livermore , Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!