EMS Adjunct Instructor
Company: Global Medical Response Inc
Posted on: November 14, 2023
We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical
experts, helping to create the future of EMS!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Functions as an adjunct Instructor for identified courses.
Instruction may include skill labs, coordinating patient care
scenarios, content delivery. Courses may include EMT, AEMT,
Paramedic, and/or standardized courses (IE ACLS, PALS, PHTLS).
* Ensures that practice and theory are current according to
national standards and current evidence informed practice.
* Serves as an instructor/facilitator in skill labs and patient
care scenarios using Program established teaching, evaluation, and
* Maintains accurate documentation of student performance.
* Evaluates students in all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor,
and affective) and provides feedback to students as appropriate and
agreed upon with the Lead Instructor.
* Presents content for each course as mutually established with the
* Supervises students in the clinical areas as scheduled in
conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator, as assigned.
* Remains current with State and local EMS requirements, policies,
* Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within
the organization based on experience and feedback obtained.
* Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when
dealing with issues identified.
* Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely
* Interacts positively with staff members and students.
* Serves as a role model for students.
* Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student
* Executes assignments to achieve optimal productivity and
* Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine
performance of duties.
* Assists staff with the maintenance of Program equipment.
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as
necessary to expedite Program needs.
* Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and
* Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by
written or verbal instructions.
* Ability to deliver educational presentations applying principles
of adult learning.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and
* Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information
gained as result of position functions.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a field/clinical
setting as an EMT or Paramedic
* Experience as an adjunct instructor preferred
* Associate degree preferred
* Completion of an approved Instructor course preferred, specifics
as required by local governing authority
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Instructor of either PALS or PEPP or EPC preferred
* NREMT Preferred
* AHA BLS Instructor preferred
* AHA ACLS Instructor preferred
* PHTLS or ITLS Instructor preferred - Job Description : WORKING
CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
* Work is performed in a variety of settings to include classroom
and outdoor settings, and office environment.
* Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and
stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone,
calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of
hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate
* Work may be stressful at times.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our
patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no
individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and
preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in
how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the
communities we serve.
* EMS Program Manager
* Students, Staff
If your passion is passing on your knowledge and growing the next
generation of EMS professionals, apply today! EEO StatementGlobal
Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
disability. Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefits
page to learn more about our benefit options. Salary Range:
$20.00/hr - $35.00/hr DOE (Varies on class being instructed)
Keywords: Global Medical Response Inc, Livermore , EMS Adjunct Instructor, Education / Teaching , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!