Basketball Coach, 8th Grade - Girls
Company: Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District
Posted on: September 18, 2023
z Athletics/Activities/JUNCTION K-8 - Basketball, 8th Grade -
Open Until Filled
To manage and coordinate the school district athletic activities
and sports programs to promote athletics and physical fitness as
positive extra-curricular activities, and to ensure that all
students have an equal opportunity to participate and share in the
benefits of the district's athletic programs
- Supervises the High School's athletic programs in coordination
with the Principal, Superintendent and others, including
recommending policies and procedures relating to the athletic
- Analyzes and evaluates existing athletic programs and equipment
for the purpose of ensuring that they serve the best interest of
the district and the students who participate, meet applicable laws
and regulations, and ensure safety of participants.
- Assists in the recruitment, selection, supervision and
evaluation of all coaches.
- Serves as a consultant to administration, teaching staff,
coaches and students on matters pertaining to the athletic
- Analyzes student participation and develops procedures to
ensure that the maximum number of students have the opportunity to
participate in athletic activities and that the programs do not
discriminate against female or minority students.
- Supervises the district's athletic facilities, oversees the
scheduling and coordinating of practices and athletic events, and
disseminates information as needed regarding the times and places
- Supervises and coordinates the district budget and finances for
all sports programs and sporting events, including inventory and
control of uniforms, supplies and equipment.
- Serves as the school district representative and liaison to
interscholastic league, the C.I.A.C., Booster Club and other
sports-related group as needed.
- Assists in ensuring that all applicable laws and regulations
relating to athletics are applied and followed, including Title IX
and other federal laws and regulations, state laws and regulations,
and C.I.A.C. rules and regulations.
- Coordinates the transportation schedule and provides for safe
and cost-effective transportation for off-site athletic or sporting
- Assists in establishing and administering a program for passes
for members of the community for athletic and related events.
- Coordinates the selection and compensation of sports
officials/referees for on-site events, and represents the district
for the purpose of securing the highest possible quality of
- Establishes criteria for awards relating to participation and
demonstrating excellence in school district athletic programs,
including eligibility requirements.
- Creates materials to publicize athletic and sporting events,
both in printed and electronic formats, for the purpose of
disseminating information and fostering enhanced awareness among
students, staff, and the community in recognizing and supporting
the school's athletic programs and attending events.
- Maintains professional relationship with media sources for the
purpose of providing information regarding schedules, postponements
or cancellations, sporting event statistics, records, and other
- Coordinates with others for the purpose of scheduling ancillary
activities that occur prior to, during, and after sporting events,
such as musical programs, press boxes, scorers tables, half-time
programs, police coverage, ticket sales, availability of on-site
medical care, concessions, custodial services, and other related
- Coordinates the taking of physical examinations of participants
- Handles all accidents and injuries in accordance with school
policies, and applicable laws and regulations, including reporting
and documentation requirements.
- Maintains records and documents as required and necessary to
ensure proper documentation of athletic program activities, events,
participation, and related information for the purpose of complying
with school policies as well as applicable laws and regulations.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the High School
Principal or Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and
responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers,
printer, copier and fax machines, calculator and telephone.
- Uses equipment and supplies related to sports, athletics, and
physical fitness. Travel Requirements
Travel to school district buildings and professional meetings as
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Work in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental
Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of athletics, athletic programs, and physical
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations
regarding school district athletic programs, safety and health, and
other areas under responsibility.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and
software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to evaluate, develop and implement athletic programs,
activities and events, and make effective recommendations related
to those areas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and conflicting time
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to leadership,
performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- [State] State Certification in related area or as required for
- Motor Vehicle Operator's License or ability to provide own
Bachelor's and Masters Degree from an accredited college or
university in related field.
- Successful experience managing or directing the athletic
programs or a school district preferred.
- Successful Supervisory experience preferred. FLSA Status:
Keywords: Livermore Valley Joint Unified School District, Livermore , Basketball Coach, 8th Grade - Girls, Education / Teaching , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!