Senior Technical Training Instructor
Company: PG&E Corporation
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Requisition ID -# 123945 -Job Category : Human Resources -Job
Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit: OPERATIONS - -
-Department OverviewThe PG&E Academy - Substation Training Team
is a dynamic group that focuses on strategically aligning itself
with Electric Operations Substation M&C toward a goal of
creating the safest most reliable electric system in the industry.
It is our job to increase employee safety and productivity by
designing, developing, and delivering best in industry training and
on the job support solutions. We are seeking team members who can
thrive autonomously in a fast-paced and changing environment. -To
be successful you must, possess a passion for learning and
innovation, be able to build strong internal and external
relationships, be open to change, and have a strong propensity for
action, results, and continuous improvement. -Position
SummaryPrepares and delivers technical training, evaluates, and
reports on student progress and success. Maintains subject matter
expertise and industry knowledge and participates in curriculum
design to deliver the best training possible. Conducts technical
instruction, student evaluation & record keeping, and research &
continuous improvement. - -Job Responsibilities
- Demonstrate all job responsibilities of a career
- Act as safety role model.
- Manage classroom environment including technology and/or
- Effectively transfer knowledge as measured by survey results
and supervisor observation.
- Consistently deliver instruction to achieve modular course
objectives per facilitator guide.
- Deliver course curriculum to students and provide feedback to
curriculum development team to improve training.
- Lead moderately complex training courses in technical
discipline and facilitate them independently, effectively and
- Review course feedback and partner with curriculum development
to implement change where needed.
- Share outcomes, observations, trends, gaps and student issues
with employee leadership that contribute to the remediation
- Adopt and integrate new work methods and procedures into
training delivery methods.
- Promote a respectful and collaborative relationship with all
- Adjust delivery method to accommodate various learner
- Proctor and administers exams per HR-7202S
- High School or GED-General Educational Development-GED
- Must obtain PG&E internal training certification
requirement within 12 months of job start date
- 3 years of related job experience in respective trade
- Mastery of skillset in which training will be delivered
- Completion of Electrician and/or Electrical Technician
- College degree in engineering or technical discipline
- Technical Training Certification
- 7 years' experience in respective journey-level trade
- 3 years previous adult teaching experience
- Experience in developing training process
- Experience collaborating with committees
- Served at the Academy as rotational or guest instructor -
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Livermore , Senior Technical Training Instructor, Education / Teaching , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!