Marketing and Communications Manager
Company: Livermore Valley Winegrowers Foundation
Posted on: June 18, 2022
We are looking for an experienced marketer to develop and
execute a plan to spread the word about our award-winning wine
region alongside the Livermore Valley Wine Growers (LVWA) board,
Executive Director, and membership. This includes but is not
limited to, print and digital promotion, social media promotion and
advertising, website update, press releases, content creation,
increasing awareness by engaging influencers and targeted
consumers, creating campaign and brand collateral, and developing
new partnerships and communications outlets. Our ideal candidate
has a background in marketing, tourism strategy, and project
management with previous experience in wine and/or tourism. This
person must have strong verbal and written communication skills,
excellent presentation skills, and enjoy working in a fast-paced
and changing environment. Professional Responsibilities &
AccountabilitiesReporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing
and Communications Manager is responsible for planning and
execution of the marketing and communications strategy in support
of Livermore Valley Winegrowers Association, which includes:
- Plan and execute a strategic marketing plan that gains new
visitors to the Livermore Valley and increases the brand awareness
and quality of Livermore Valley wines.
- Plans and executes: PR, digital, social media, website,
creative services, and content.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the development of
collateral and other material that supports promoting
- Plan and execute brand initiatives to strengthen LVWA's brand,
including messaging, positioning, and visual aspects of the
- Work with the media with events, requests, wine submissions and
- Responsible for developing, executing, and monitoring results
of campaigns for LVWA.
- Responsible for constructing the monthly consumer newsletter
and promotional event emails.
- Prepare marketing project reports and analysis (social media
and web analytics tracking, etc.).
- Develop media outreach strategy, including identifying
opportunities to positively represent LVWA via press releases;
drafts press releases and ensures release to strategic
- Assist Event Coordinator in marketing strategy.
- Manage key metrics and marketing dashboard which demonstrates
ROI and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Collaborate on association and event collateral.
- Manage social media channels and social media editorial
calendar with and without the use of a contract social media
- Boost website's SEOs and industry connections through PR to get
our AVA and website mentioned in articles of online blogs or social
- Prepare monthly outreach to local hospitality partners to keep
them "up to date" on the association's programs and events.
- Collaborate with partners, including Winery members, Visit Tri
Valley, Downtown Associations, etc. to develop and execute on joint
- Work with the LVwine.org website vendor to provide updates
and/or redesign changes.QualificationsThe successful candidate will
possess the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- A college degree and/or equivalent experience with a minimum of
three years professional marketing experience.
- Proven high quality verbal and written communications skills -
ability to inspire, motivate and engage.
- Highly organized and attentive to detail; tolerant of some
uncertainty and competing demands.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Office skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Graphic design experience including InDesign, Illustrator,
Photoshop, and Canva
- Social media skills including instagram, tiktok, facebook,
- Website and email marketing experience, specifically with
Wordpress and Sendinblue.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter, able to work
independently as well as collaboratively.
- High level of productivity, initiative, problem-solving ability
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends; during winery
tasting room hours for content creation and event marketing.
- Ability to lift boxes (50lb case of wine) and transport event
and/or marketing materials (valid driver's license, reliable
transportation with adequate insurance).
- Wine industry experience preferred.Key Relationships
- Association office colleagues and Board of Directors
- Winery proprietors, winemakers & tasting room managers
- Sponsors/Potential Sponsors
- Media contacts
- Community members and businessesSalary and
- Full time
- Health benefits available
- 401k Matching Program
- Excellent Holiday schedule
- Hybrid work schedule negotiable TO APPLY
- Send cover letter and resume to Brandi Addington -
- Position available July 2022
Keywords: Livermore Valley Winegrowers Foundation, Livermore , Marketing and Communications Manager, Advertising , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!