Company: Topcon Positioning Systems (Topcon)
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Senior Accountant Livermore, CA Topcon Positioning Group is
headquartered in Livermore, California, USA
(topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs,
manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and
solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture,
civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and
mobile control markets.
- Timely and complete month end closing, financial reporting,
account reconciliation, preparing journal entries and review of
- Fully own prepaids, rebates, accruals, revenue recognition,
expense allocations, and other accounting areas.
- Assist Corporate Controller and Accounting Manager by ensuring
the completion of operational activities of the accounting
department; including transaction-processing operations, quality
reviews, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee timely completion of accounts payable
- Assist accounts payable staff with questions and assistance.
Provide coaching, technical information, and process guidance.
- Assist with capital assets process. Track items, coordinate
proper acquisition and disposition of assets following operational
- Maintain and clear items for GL accounts
- Perform variance analysis and analytical review on BS/PL and
- Prepare business requirement documents (BRDs) and perform UAT
for system enhancements.
- Ensure controls are executed timely and in accordance with
- Preparing reports and requested information.
- Assist in sales tax improvements, general questions, and
completing sales tax requests for Tax department.--
- Assist with external requests from CPA firm for the quarterly
reviews, audit, and SOX.
- Manage accounting projects assigned per our roadmap.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two to five years of experience in GL, accounting, or audit.
Candidates that do not meet this minimum requirement of experience
may be considered.
- Proficient with accounting and financial software programs. SAP
experience is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with strong use of Excel.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with
the ability to interact with all levels of people within and
outside the organization.
- Attention to detail, hard-working, and high ethical
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, with the
ability to remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and within a team
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP). Posted 2 Days Ago Full time JR100685 About Us We
are Topcon . We collaborate, create and--distribute disruptive
technologies that help--businesses flourish through
improved--processes, machine automation and data--services.
We design and manufacture productivity--tools for building a better
future. Whether--cultivating the earth or building upon it,--Topcon
brings innovation in workflow--automation and seamless connectivity
of--data to infrastructure and agriculture--industries with a focus
on developing a--sustainable tomorrow.Learn more here .
Keywords: Topcon Positioning Systems (Topcon), Livermore , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Livermore, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!